Thursday, February 23, 2012

Brooklyn Turns 4 Years Old!

When my sister in law Rachelle told me she was going to take Brooklyn out for her birthday shoot, and do a tea party theme (like her birthday party), and asked if I wanted to come along I was so excited!  Of course I did!  Not only was I so excited to shoot this vintage tea party in a gorgeous orange grove, but Brooklyn is my extra special little buddy.  

Brookie is the 3rd of 5th children, and she is their "spunky" one... she's smart, and sassy, and cute as cute can be.  She's the feisty one of the family... but I was my family's feisty one, so I have a special affinity for this little fire cracker.  The fun part about being her aunt is that I get to laugh at the funny little things she does, and enjoy 100% of her spunk (moms don't always get to laugh at the antics of strong-willed children, but auntie's do!)!  Now don't get me wrong... she is "spicy"... but she's sooo sweet too!  She gives the BEST hugs, and is always so excited to see me when we are together.  She melts my heart in a special way only a 4 year old can.  She is my Kamryn's special little buddy, and as the 9 month gap between their ages is closing, I so enjoy watching their bond grow stronger.  Secretly I am so glad to be so close to this little girl, and for her strong personality.  From experience I know that she will have an interesting time growing up learning to temper some of her sass, but there is something to be said about having a natural predisposition to being tough.  There is a strong, resilient little spirit inside this little body!  My heart is tethered to hers in a special way, and I look forward to the sassy teenager days when I can put my arm around her, and let her know that I understand her.  

Brookie-
Happy 4th birthday, little buddy!  Aunt Kelsey loves you so much!  I hope as you grow you will always know how special you are... and not special in the normal way.  You are extra special!  The combination of wonderful qualities that make you who you are, are truly a fabulous gift.  You are bright, and sweet, and kind, quick witted and quick tempered.  In fact you are an anomoly of gifts... you are sweet and spicy, gentle and tough, still so little, but very capable.  You are so important to your family, and to our big family, and I am so glad you are part of "us"!  Enjoy your 4th year... dance around the play room in your dress ups, love, and kiss and hold your baby dolls, read lots of fairy tale books, and snuggle extra with your mommy this year.  Four is a big year... you're almost officially the real deal kind of big girl you already think you are.  Her heart aches wondering if you know how much she loves her "middle child."  Try extra hard to stay little for her.  You might feel like you're stuck right in the middle of your family of 4 siblings, but you are her littlest girl, and she loves you so much.  Happy happy birthday, lovely girl!  Love, love, love, YOU!
<3<3<3,
Aunt Kelsey

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these pictures.....She is such a sweet and spunky little girl. Kisses....kisses.

    ReplyDelete